1. ALL Clients:
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse.
- Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change. (the responsibility falls to the Parent/Guardian if the child is under 18).
- We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- You reserve the right to change to another horse/ pony, providing one is available, and it is practical and safe to do so.
- You also have the right to request another Instructor subject to availability
2. Punctuality and Arrival Times
- Please arrive 10minutes before the start of the session
- If you are late, we unfortunately cannot make that time up as other clients will be waiting for their lessons to start on time
3. New Clients:
- Assessment/Introduction Lessons are had before being allowed to book anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level
- All Clients Rules Apply.
4. Previous Clients:
- If you’ve not been riding with us for a year or more. We reserve the right to ask you to complete another Assessment Lesson.
- All Clients Rules Apply.
- All Bookings Require Payment in Advance via the website
- It is a condition of booking that you accept our No Refund Policy.
- If you fail to turn up, you will be required to pay in full.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No Credit or Transfers are Given for late cancellations.
- Late Cancellations = Less than 3 Days Notice
- See our Bad Weather Policy
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
8. Bad Weather or Conditions:
- Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather
- Riding Might be cancelled when the following weather is occurring:
- Medium to Hurricane Force Winds
- Frozen ground
- We reserve the right to cancel riding because of bad weather at any time. Managements decision is final.
9. Vouchers Purchases and Redemption:
- It’s a condition of purchase that:
- The intended rider has no Medical conditions that require doctors approval.
- The intended rider meets our Height / Weight Guidelines: Maximum Weight 14 Stone at 6ft or Higher
- The Purchaser and Intended rider acknowledge and agree to our Standard Terms and Conditions
- Vouchers are Valid for 365 Days. No Refunds Available.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
10. Pony Club and Bridles and Breeches Club:
- While Members Ride regularly throughout the year they continue to receive the discounted prices
- Bridles and Breeches Membership Runs from 1st March until 1st March.
- We reserve the right to refuse membership. Managements Decision is final.
11. Safety Equipment and Riding Wear:
- P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment): Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Riding Helmets:
- Hats (all types): Should be PAS015 or BSEN138 standard (or better).
- Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
- Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
- We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
- We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damanged.
- We reserve the right to refuse you lessons until you’ve purchased one.
- We reserve the right to charge customers for helmet hire after 8 lessons have passed.
- Cost per Session is £2.00
- Body Protectors:
- We do not provide body protectors.
- We strongly recommend you wear one whenever riding.
- This is especially important if you take part in jumping classes.
- We recommend you wear one whenever handling a horse.
- We recommend against purchasing second hand body protectors in case they have been damanged.
- Riding Footwear:
- Clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
- Allowed Footwear:
- Jodphur Boots
- Riding Boots
- Disallowed Footwear:
- High Heels
- Hiking Boots
- We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe
- We recommend toe protection whenever handling a horse.
- You should not wear Jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk.
- It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing Jewellery.
12. Extra Visitors and/or Friends of the Family:
- Children must be supervised at all times by a legally responsible person.
- Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay.
- If spectating please remain as quiet as possible, and in full view of the horses/ponies & Instructor at all times.
- Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
- Young Children: Must be supervised at all times by a responsible person and remain seated and quiet whilst lessons are in progress and not to run.
- Umbrellas are not allowed on the yard
13. Movement of Horses & ponies and Farm Equipment:
Movement of Horses & ponies and Farm Equipment around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
14. Out of Bounds:
- There are No Entry Type signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
- The following locations are Out of Bounds without written permission from management, you must not enter them and you do so at your own risk:
- Large Stable Yard including but not limited to:
- Any Stable Boxes.
- Any Comparments or Lean Too Shelters.
- Tack Rooms.
- Feed Rooms.
- Sheds or other Buildings.
- Fields or Paddocks.
- House/Cottage and it’s Grounds.
- Locked/Closed/Enclosed Areas or Buildings
- Large Stable Yard including but not limited to:
15. Warning Signs:
We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
16. Smoking Policy:
We have a Strict No Smoking Policy, if you are caught you will be asked to leave.
We don’t allow any clients to bring their own pets onto the grounds/premises.
- Guide Dogs are Allowed.
All animals are unpredictable, Do Not Feed the Horses & Ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, box or make contact with a Horse or Pony at any time, without prior authorisation from a member of Management
19. Cars, Bicycles:
We can’t be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
20. Personal Property:
We can’t be held responsible for Damage, Theft or Loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises.
21. OTHER: Please note:
- Park I. The designated areas
- Walkers are advised to take extreme care due to uneven surfaces
- Walking around the premises is entirely at your own risk
- Maximum Speed on the premises is 5mph.
22. RIDING IS A RISK SPORT:
Your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients. All animals can be Unpredictable. We strongly advise you to take out full personal accident cover.
23. PLEASE NOTE:
Bowdens Riding School, Owners, Staff and Volunteers cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any persons or their property whilst on these premises or whilst out hacking, hunting or any other discipline.
24. Agreement of Terms:
If you do not agree with any of Terms and Conditions, then you do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our no Cancellation Policy applies in this situation as well because our Terms and Conditions are available online and on request at any time. As such you have every opportunity to read them before booking any activty and a refund will not be available on failure to accept them.